If you became a true friend, you feel joy when the other person receives good fortune. Such is friendship, the girl who gasped alarmingly at the unexpected news, and seemed brimming with happy tears to find out that 1/3 has reached the light. Although we are acting a tad like dramatic kids, this is something that I would cherish forever, because moments like this will last with a profound meaning, but is very rare to occur again. We are bonded because we understand each other's anguish.
I am very grateful at their reactions, they are the best work friends I could ever hoped for. And would not dream of ever having a manager like AK again within my reach. Although the time has not been that long, there is so much that I admire in him and have learned from him. The impact he has made, or rather the mindset he imparted will always be with me, much like RS.
When all the fairy dust settles, I am not sure if I'm slipping into glass slippers, or watching them disappear. After all, Cinderella as a wife in her happily ever after married chapter, would not have found the glass slippers to have any more impact or significance, other then the initial ballroom dance and snagging the prince with the mystery slipper. Similarly, there are so many experiences that I cherish and the people that I value. but I must acknowledge that they too would cease to impact my day-to-day life at my new job, and that I must move on, taking the best of me with me.
To the people who made me the best (who I am today), less terrified and 100% more confident and non-chalant in high-stress situations, I thank you. To the happy carefree lads, keep living and keep that spirit up! Laughter is highly infectious, charm is winsome, and so is a positive attitude. No sugarcoat, but just a normal dose of affection, gratitude and happiness.
Remarkable things that have/are happening in this amazing windfall: rekindled social acquaintances, returning long time lover, proud family, proud friends. Ode to joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment