Today has been one of the best days of my life. Besides eating at one of my favourite Japanese restaurant TWICE in a row for free, I am truly befuddled and stumped (in a positive way!) about how age is just a number for some people. They really are people who are having a blast and living their life like no tomorrow in their 50s! Being and feeling young is not just for the youth, it is also for the young at heart!
They amaze and inspire me, that they continue to look so fresh faced and bright eyed, looking Many light years ahead of their actual age. I could only describe their lives as vibrant and happy, nothing else:) From the powerful and charming CEO, to the Director with a drive for life and daily cheerfulness albeit childless and single, to the well meaning middle aged couple who look every bit lively and healthy as me (perhaps even more than me!) and full of interesting stories, constantly peppered in Japanese.
It is today that I learned that my acquaintance can't eat beef, it is today that I learn that beetle collection is considered a very normal hobby in Japan, and that Malaysia is a beetle heaven for collectors, boasting some very large beetles. It is also the first time since my Sapporo home stay that I've met Japanese people to have a proper conversation with, and it was also interesting that they are from around Osaka.
There was no lull in the conversation and I realised how happy I was throughout the whole night, to be able to have that sit down dinner. Thank my lucky stars! It is true that (unless you are on a terrible receiving end), always treat people nicely because you can never anticipate who they will become or who they know.
Lastly, I am really joyful that people actually love KL
No comments:
Post a Comment