Thursday, 7 September 2023

Heather

 Moments that you forget in the blink of an eye

Gives me joy, don't want to come down from cloud nine

Always wished I was Heather, you know

the song about a sweater

Said I was cold and you went, 

"Do you want my jacket"

Even if it's just a while, I pulled it on, 

Orange, Lululemon, your favourite colour


We sat on the mat, raised our arms and breathed out

You said the mat's so worn, it has been a year

You laughed when I don't know how to kneel

caught my feet when I kicked up into inversion

holding me steady with those impressive arms

my body almost slam into you as I wobbled, unsteady


I am not pretending we are star crossed lovers

I'm happy though, that's all that matters

Maybe you have seen through my ruse

Guess you don't mind after all I'm a golden goose


No comments:

Post a Comment