Many things in life will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.
It really helps to feel needed and appreciated. Knowing that I am able to help someone I care about puts a smile on my face. Sometimes, being capable also makes me proud of myself and boost my self-esteem.
It is only often when I am by myself that I tend to get moody and swamped with negative thoughts. Anger and frustration can come in a flash too. The only way to get a grip of my turbulent emotions is by hanging out with people I am comfortable with.
While I am comfortable in their company, it doesn't mean that I am enthralled. But I am beginning to see the benefits of having different groups to socialize with. The ones I actually enjoy hanging out with are far and few in between, while the ones I confide in can be counted with just one hand.
It is ok for now. As long as I keep myself occupied with a sense of purpose to fullfill, I feel slightly contented and at ease.
And... it's really time for me to move on. Time waits for no one.
You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
I will sail the ship again:)
The ocean is wide and endless, but (to you know who you are) I really really hope our ships will cross paths on my voyage:)
The chapters that I have closed are islands that I have explored and left behind, that I will never visit again.
Reaching new land will require courage as I must befriend strangers and form ties anew! This will be my utmost challenge. But one I will succeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment