And I've got it pretty bad
But for someone you adore, yeah
It's a pleasure to be sad.
If you love something, let it go.
If it comes back to you, it's yours.
If it doesn't, it never was.
And I know that you were never mine. Although I think of you all the time. Dreamed of you so often. You were really everything that I wanted. But I know that I had lost to a better one. If you were mine, I would be in seventh heaven. But ultimately if you are not happy with me, I don't have a choice but to let you go. Because it is meaningless if I am happy and you are not. Now you have her. You have found your someone special.
I was glad I had a chance to tell you how I felt. Even though it was after you started dating her. My 'confession'. You listened to it all. Every time you paid attention to me, it made my day. And of course everytime I got ignored by you, I was upset.
Thanks for apologizing and saying, 'I'm really sorry how things turned out'. It seems fate has made this arrangement. I was not meant for you after all. Thanks for being touched by my goodwill, when I said I wish you and her happiness. Everything I've ever done was for you.
It doesn't matter how, as long as I could be close to you, I was willing to do anything. But now even that chance is gone. I know that time has run out. A few more weeks come, I would cease to exist in your life anymore. That is indeed saddening. Because you are forever imprinted in my memory.
In that dream, we were sitting at a wide open field. Then you took her hand and ran off, leaving me alone. I cried so much in the dream, and woke up with tears streaming down my cheeks. It was not a pleasant dream. But at least you visited me in my dreams. Although the message was clear. I know that I am no longer needed by your side. Perhaps you never saw it that way.
What was I to you? I wonder. But thanks a lot. I have learned so much from you. All the while, you were kind and most tolerant. You even remembered the song I sang. I know I know. It's time for me to let go of you, right? You have already left me.
Soon, you will vanish from my sight altogether. And I can never see you again. Unlike her, who will be with you forever. I will keep all the memories. All of which are clouded by my perception of you. You whom I adore. You whom I really love and wanted.
Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?
No comments:
Post a Comment