Monday, 1 July 2013

The simple joys of life

Living in Adelaide has really opened my eyes and made me realise that there is much more to life than worries, memories and regrets. Each day, is a new experience, a new memory, a new moment shared with a friend, and the next day, the cycle begins anew. 

Some days are quieter than the others, some days shine brighter than the others. I think that the longer I am here, the more I realise that there are simple joys in life to be found. And wearing my heart on my sleeve can be a good thing as it allows me to express myself fully without holding back any shred of emotion. 

When I'm in a really good mood, I'm energetic, cheerful, happy, good-spirited and more lively and fun to be with. Grinning ear to ear and giggling are the tell-tale signs that I'm on cloud nine! I realise that I'm the happiest when I hang around with happy, upbeat people. Those who are carefree and always smiling, with banter and occasional jokes/laughter always makes my day better. 

The simplest principle to be happy and content is just to give and expect nothing in return, in other words, love and expect nothing in return, thus when my friends care for me back, I will feel genuinely touched. However, there is a trap to this. I always remind myself to never get too attached, even among friends. 

Have variety, different social groups and interests, learn to get along with everyone, but alternate spending time/hanging out with a few selected people, I have found that that works best, regardless of the circumstances I am in. Well, if I don't feel like talking, I can always just listen attentively to them. But when I'm in an extremely good mood, I'm chirpy as a bird and frequently interrupt the conversation (which is ok, shows that I'm listening). 

Humans are hard to predict when you don't fully understand them, thus are any kind of relationships. If you want to place an expectation on a person to behave in a certain way around/towards you, you must have known them well enough before making judgement calls. It's that saying from the Internet that rings true from indignant teenagers, 'Who the hell are you to judge me if you don't know me?' It is so true, that's why, I won't place any value, expectation or pass judgement on people that I only know from the surface. This way, I reserve the right to be surprised when something good happens, and not to be heaps dissapointed if they suddenly stop having an interest towards me or turn from warm to lukewarm.

And I concur that to be young, you must be young at heart, and it all boils down to personality. Rewatching my childhood drama series has given me a sense of depth, perception and understanding that only Chinese drama series are capable of delivering, I understand the pain of love even more, and other issues to do with pride, dignity, kindness, self-righteousness, change. Even the darkest hearts have a shred of kindness and some redeeming human value to them. So, no matter how hard struggles arise, don't give up on yourself and the other people that are causing the trouble or needing your help. If you are determined and persistent enough, things will change gradually. 

Money makes the world go round, but being happy go-lucky and appreciating every single thing you have makes the day brighter and shines with hope and joy, and every tough moment becomes more bearable. 

I want to make the most of what I have, love and cherish those who deserve me, get along with everyone else and see good in people. Lastly, always keep myself motivated to accomplish my tasks, do everything within the best of my abilities, and stay healthy and happy. 

Sum: Me-food-exercise-friends-family-idols-values-goals/tasks-completion/accomplishments

No comments:

Post a Comment