Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Gratitude Entry 6

I'm grateful that I have a sister who is confident and proud of herself, not insecure like most girls are. Oh, she is also fashion-conscious and business-minded, not to mention pretty! Thank goodness I'm the older sis here haha :D So there's no pressure to be anyone, there are trendsetters on one hand, and there are those who are comfortable in their own skin. I'm the latter. 

I feel happy to be understood and supported, and recognize that listening to certain songs really put me in a happy reflective mood. I am grateful that our era has really outstanding songwriters, Ed and Tay Tay. And it's very nice of her to drop a country song. It makes listening to her old country tracks even more meaningful. 

Today's seminar spoke about setting your own standards, and letting your own standards (not society's or anyone else's), determine your happiness. My takeaway is that you just need to be sure of what you really want when you are chasing a goal or pursuing something, or go with your instincts and gut feeling. For instance, right now I prefer a fast paced job with reasonable demand that build my skills and also makes me feel skilled (my input is valuable!), it would be very boring to sit in office with no meetings, brainstorming, events and networking, and just a plain desk job or making calls (even if it pays higher). I am glad that I had the opportunity to realise this. 

While Hun said he had good dreams about me today, I have dreamy flashes of seeing myself conjuring up 'Love Story' scenes with horses, the countryside and beautiful dresses. Ed's Castle On The Hill just adds to it more.. :)  Life-stories and coming of age stories are the perfect recipe for songs, and I am glad that as I discovered today!) I'm not the only one who digs meaningful lyrics and looks into them in-depth, rather than just addictive tunes. 

My conclusion is that irrelative of wealth or social standing, I want to live a life that is blessed with good health, and rich in experiences, and entertained by loves ones and in turn entertaining loved ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment