Monday, 6 February 2017

Gratitude Entry 5

I am grateful that I chanced upon a new inspiration, a 98 year old yogi who loves life, and a 60-something ex convict that time travelled from the 1970s to the 21st century. The woman is as healthy as anyone could be and defying expectations and possibilities, while the latter has found peace despite losing out some of the best years in his lifetime, and now stunned at the world's pace, but adapting gracefully and peacefully. 

I am grateful that I am able to cherish bonds with my family, and not let anything get in the way- this morning, I had breakfast when Po Po and Da Jiu came, and was happy to play host for our first guests! It was a nice feeling, just being able to serve some freshly cut fruits. 

I am grateful that I have hiked two days straight (with light yoga afterwards) and feel no fatigue. I am very grateful to have a hiking spot that is so easily accessible and safe, that I can hike alone anytime (family joining is a bonus!).

I am grateful that my little brother is growing up- he is very disciplined with his time, and committed to his health. He has also extended much generosity and kindness to his friends. The most mature mark is when he didn't let us know that we missed his birthday. 

I am grateful that (until this point in my life) I never had to undergo any hardships that involves slavery and war, or totally thrown into a new country little help to start anew. I am grateful that my trip to South Korea had given me a little bit of understanding, while my knowledge of the Japanese language will continue to improve, and this will open up a world of possibilities in terms of understanding Japan and Japanese culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment