Humans are fragile creatures indeed. At this moment, I am fighting a terrible bout of flu that is taking its toll on me and making me suffer; the battle is ongoing.
In particular, I am not thrilled that we are easily susceptible to influences or attacks, whether physical or mental, we are not immune to it.
After watching countless anime and some Hollywood blockbusters, I wish that I were stronger and possess impressive martial arts/combat skills! That could come in handy when I want to kick some a** or defend myself!
Recently, I played a cameo role in a friend's short film/video assignment. I was reluctant to help out at first (because acting is really not my forte!) but did so since I was hard-pressed to turn down a friend's request. The story was a tragic one. It was about how a girl finally committed suicide after having had enough of bullying from her peers.
And guess what? I was to act as one of the bullies! One of the 'mean girls'! It actually made me grimace inside when I had to hurl insults and degrade another person and even roughened her up a little (all in accordance to the script of course). Well, it was only an act, but suffice to say, I didn't enjoy being a bully, not even one tiny bit.
Looking back, everyone has their own 'suffering' to endure, whether it is a struggle inside or outside, no other person can truly understand it except yourself.
As for me, I'd rather not share my burden (if any) with others unless I think they are willing and able to help or can relate to it. In this age and day, friends aren't necessarily a shoulder to cry on anymore, but rather just a wonderful bunch of companions to keep you company, nothing more, nothing less.
On the other hand, sitting around complaining isn't going to get us anywhere we want to be, hence it is better to move it. Action speaks louder than words after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment