Having turned 19, I haven't achieved all the things in life that I've wanted to achieve at this age. But I've come close to.
As I celebrated my birthday, I just realised that a person is nothing without their loved ones, and life is much much more fullfilling when you're surrounded by people who sincerely care about you and are genuine in their wishes.
And new year resolutions are just a hype by the way! Absolutely so, because I can't even remember mine or if I've set any in the first place! But now that I've matured (which is a worrisome word for a girl), I know how to work things into perspective, within my own expectations and aim for more realistic goals.
With the semester nearly over, and a three-month-long sem break around the corner, I really need to find something challenging and fun, or at least something worthwhile I could gain experience from and develop my character. I need a job! But I don't know if I'm ready?
There are plenty of moments when I wake up, feeling insecure about myself and wondering whether I've done anything good to mankind. Or more specifically, wondering if entering the mass comm/media industry is the wisest choice I've ever made. Or if I'm able to keep up with the times while living in my peaceful, protective bubble.
But I'm somehow reassured that we would all make it in the big, complex world out there. Actually a funny image I've conjured up of us university students graduating is that we are the little turtle hatchlings released into the sea. It's a good metaphor, isn't it? The sea, is the essence of everything adult and everything grown-up (e.g. the corporate ladder climb) and we are the tiny turtles about to discover what's in store for us. The sea is so fraught with perils and dangers but if we survive it, we can see the true beauty of the ocean. Then we could crawl back the land one day and recuperate in our private sanctuary.
And it's all good because I've already earned my freedom a long time ago and now even have the power to make decisions and influence opinions within my family. Though it is completely different when I step outside. It's all about how I present myself according to situation and people present, but it's a lot of fun to be yourself all over again while wearing different caps!
No comments:
Post a Comment