For the moment seemingly stolen out of time, I might just be the happiest person in the world that day! Why, it's because I overcame one of the barriers from my past! Confronted it. Took the bull by the horns. Alright, I'll stop with the exaggeration.
All I could contribute was my time and energy, but was that enough? Others have mad talent and useful skills. Where do I stand? I kept wondering and worrying, but then it turns out my apprehension was completely unnecessary. Because the only focus is in the present. The past is history, and what one remembers well, barely registers in another's memory.
So, with that in mind, it was my only chance to make a second first impression. I think I pulled it off. And it's always a nice thing when adults trust you. But most of all, I was having so much fun. I let my hair down in a long time. And clicked with the others too. When everything falls into place, it does make my day so much better. Although nothing escapes hard work.
I must admit I am still no better than I was. I sensed a lot more to come from the younger ones that could give me a run for my money anytime. It's a wake-up call they're giving me. Playing it safe will help me survive, but it won't help me reach the top.
Still, I am utterly happy to have earned it back, and more so ready to be able to contribute more. Once I brush up, that is. And get rid of all my hesitations.
No comments:
Post a Comment