Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Sky full of stars

Cause, you're a sky, you're a sky full of stars.

Today marks the second day of self discovery. Marveling at the sheer awesomeness, of unexplored, undiscovered things and tastes that I have yet to become familiar with. Time to expand the horizons of 'my cup of tea'. Spending me time doesn't have to be scary or lonely, it is as simple as 'eat, pray, love'. Besides, Alice said that music can heal any pains. All kinds of pains. She was referring to karaoke in particular, but I think it works just by listening to music too.

Often times we get sucked into the repeating rut of of the same wheel churning, we forgot to reflect and look inwards. It is actually a very good healing process. It feels like your body, mind and soul is slowly realinging, perhaps forming an eclipse of the moment, blocking out all noise and thoughts, emptying the mind with a calm surrealness.

Coldplay's music is sort of like something from another century to me. It is nothing like any British band I've heard. It was a surprise itself knowing that the band has been around since I was born, yet the members pulled off a energetic and fresh-faced performance. Especially surprised too that the 'Sky full of Stars' music video was filmed in Sydney! The timelessness of their music is very inspiring! I think people from any era can relate to it. The music somehow makes you feel stronger. Strengthening from within, being braver, more fearless, yet more calm and more at peace.

I notice that a lot of songs seem to have something going on about stars. Sky Full of Stars (Coldplay), Counting Stars (One Republic), Starlight (Taylor Swift), Ed Sheeran (All of The Stars), and even Bright (Echosmith). I've only actually done stargazing properly when I was in Australia. Under the sky full of stars, that is. No matter what happens, the star keeps shining, and we keep believing in our dreams right? Except that at this stage, I am perfectly content. I have no big dreams, I simply want to live a cherished life. If you do things with a meaningful heart, you create meaning to the act, thus you could have claimed living a meaningful life. It means something, doesn't it? All those song lyrics, they mean so much to us because we can identify with them at some point of our lives.

Unknowingly, childhood memories can be brought up too after so many years later. I think it helped me understand a lot better now, the reason he wrote, there will always be stars shining for you, so when you're lost, just look up the skies. Metaphorical of course. But that means he is always honest and wants the best for me. Which is a noble thing indeed. I will never forget how he opened up and told me about how seeing the stars when he was 8 years old with his Dad driving made him feel. Safe, and not scared of a single thing in the world. No one ever told you that when you grow up, you have to become your own guardian angel. What's going on in your head are the things that only you can understand. Which is why, stars in all their brilliance, are such a beauty to behold and a magnificent sight. We don't actually see it that often either when we are busy with our daily routines.

This post is dedicated to stars, the living spirits that guide us, as in Lion King. He is right that the stars remained untouched while we age and things progress and time passes. So, being in the present is equally important instead of being absorbed in thoughts about the future. Love comes naturally from the human heart. Even the hardest toughest soul gives way to love and compassion, if given enough chances. I want to do good, and be good, and respect the relationship I have with the people in my life now, and continue improving it as well as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment