Friday, 27 January 2017

Gratitude Entry 4

To AK,

I am grateful for the good old times when he took us under his wing and mentored us patiently in the Ballerina room, even coming up with creative ways to remind us that revert does not mean respond, means going back to original state, with himself reverting back into an alcoholic after rehab as an example! If getting that email was amusing, it is even funnier now to think back and appreciating the fact that he made the time to do that. 

I am grateful that he has a certain level of confidence in me, and trust. Action 1: Asking me to make edits directly on his work (a draft speech) and sending to client straightaway. Action 2: Asking me to review a press release written by a very capable exec, and make comments on it. He later said he's seen my comments and agree with it. It was a really humbling thing for me to do. 


On today, 

Grateful that I had a long time to ease into working life before meeting a bunch of disrespectful people that thankfully I don't have to deal with on a daily basis. Very very grateful that I had prior to this, had people who were civilized enough to hold proper meetings even with differing views on things. 

I am very happy to have encountered two nice strangers. While they are just doing their job, they have done it with their bright personalities and cheerfulness, which makes the level of service not only good, but the entire interaction with them wholly satisfying. I did not hold back on giving them 5 star ratings because they had deserved it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment