It's obvious. You don't have to be a Christian to be able to celebrate and join in the festive celebration of Christmas. Religion is of little concern as it's now all about Santa Claus, decorations, presents and lots of lavish food.
Since pretty much everything is commercialized these days anyway, we only have to lay back and enjoy the glitz and glitter of the festivities, which is nigh impossible to miss when you've got every shopping mall decked in boughs of holy. Furthermore, (as seen in the Mahkota Parade mall in Melaka), some even dedicated special Christmas performances and knocked themselves out by going over-the-top with the costumes, putting on quite a show to an otherwise dull day at the mall for those weary of shopping.
Why is it worthy a cause of celebration for us non-Christians? It is simply because Christmas signifies something much more important besides rewarding yourself by having a blast. It is in fact a reminder that yet another year has passed. We ponder, what has been achieved in this whole twelve months? And thus, begins the rundown of a recap of this year's moments. The high and lows. The fruitful and the fruitless.
It is easy to get carried away. And not notice the things around you. The people at your side. Of course, then you realized you haven't fulfilled all the roles there is to it. What better way to make up for it or to show you care? There's simply no better gift then spending time bonding together.
A little at a time. One step at a time is alright. I want to know more about the world. Learn more about the society I live in, the people around me, even about myself.
I want to know who I really am. I want to know what I can be capable of, given the right circumstances and a few chances.
We are all rowing the boat of fate, and carefully maneuvering along the unpredictable waters. Even if the waves keep attacking us, isn't it still a wonderful journey?
No comments:
Post a Comment