I actually have to admit that I enjoy talking to and listening to a friend's love relationship problems. Be it a girl or a guy, it is so interesting and it makes me feel so valued when I am in the position to give advice! I am the most inexperienced out of the lot, but when they hang on to my every word and opinion so intently as if their fate depends on what I say, it makes me feel strangely satisfied. And of course, I feel really thankful that they trust me enough to discuss their deepest, darkest secrets at length, but I don't know whether I have come up with good enough solutions since everything I say is usually just based on my common sense and doing what is right. But of course, you know what they say, the person who always gives love advice are usually single!
And lately, there's been this trend that caught on like wildfire- a confessions page! It is so highly amusing to read all the posts which is very personal and intimate, written in the first-person point of view. Hmmm, I don't know how posting on these pages are going to help with crushes since it is all anonymous, but at least the person being mentioned must feel really happy to have a secret admirer! And most of the posts are really funny and amusing, I could spend a whole day reading them!!
On a side note, I am gearing up (really, gearing up!) to meet some more new people again, and I don't know how it will go. I hope it's all casual fun and with relaxed, friendly people! I could use some new acquaintances as I actually haven't been going out there, actually making friends! And talking about friends, the people who I don't acquaint myself with anymore is coming back to get into contact with me, and I somehow find that I am not too keen about it! I'd rather have a new life with new friends and keep some of the really treasured ones only! I don't really care about the rest, so it can't be helped if my response is cold! It is because I don't want to have to keep up with them again, I have my own things to do. The few people that I value now can be counted with my hands:)
And when Aussies say 'lovely', it really sounds lovely! Almost like a British intonation of 'lovely'! It is pretty adorable! And I find that I actually enjoy studying here at UniSA more, it's just so... peaceful and laid-back. Everyone and everything is so chill, time passes by rather leisurely, and there's actually plenty of time left to do my work if I discipline myself!!
No comments:
Post a Comment