Hey-ho! It seems like one of those nights, we ditch the whole scene! It feels like one of those nights, we won't be sleeping! Hahaha, I actually have this crazy energy bottled up and am waiting to unleash it soon, but I have so much work to do! And I guess I won't be sleeping again, although I should!
Partying in the early 20's is so so fun!! It's a privilege that can only be enjoyed when we are young (not underaged!) and in our 20's! A few events have made me giggly and happy lately. Just realizing that friends have to be there for each other:) And it is really special as everyone around me is going through a phase lately! Whether it is graduation, sealing a relationship with a date, the making of a movie or memories, starting a new job, it's all really about how we all survive everyday and tolerate each other!
Although I play no part in it and my life hasn't changed in any way, it really is very knowledge-enhancing to witness the experience altogether! Like how funny, relaxed and weird it is when getting together to drink booze with some random people! Although alcohol can be really dangerous, as one friend of mine discovered, everyone would need a way to gauge their limit to ensure their own health and safety. Well, the weird thing is, I haven't actually been drunk before, so I wouldn't know what in the world would happen to me if I got drunk! Hahaha, I suppose not getting drunk is good as I'm doing myself a favour by saving face!
Coming to that, watching Taylor's 22 performance recently got me thinking. I was surprised that she actually acknowledged the problem and tried to address it publicly! The amount of hate she got increased tenfold after dating Directioners' precious Harry Styles, and her rep has been affected as well. To the point where every one of her tweets is immediately followed up with comments such as 'slut' or 'bitch'. Even the media has labelled her as somewhat a 'serial dater'. Which is unfair, really.
Everyone wants to be praised for their efforts, be complimented for their looks or achievements, to make a good impression and build a good reputation. Everyone, even normal people like us strive to present the best of ourselves to create a lasting impression, whether among friends or strangers. I think that it is really a brave thing to face your critics out front, as bold as Taylor did once and again, with her song 'Mean' and this time her unicorn top that says, 'Haters gonna hate'. For people who don't have a thick skin, it's really hard as you care about any and everything that people say about you! You always wonder, 'what did they say about me?'.
But growing up now, just before becoming a full-fledged working adult, life should be all about fun and no worries, just like the phrase 'Hakuna Matata'. Having a social life is quite important! Or the few friends that you can always depend on no matter what day it is or what situation you're facing. This semester has been really good and bad, I am always finding myself and balancing between the lines of stress and fun, and making decisions where it matters. I really hope that God has a plan laid out for me in terms of romance, so I don't have to worry too much:) I can pretty much take care of other aspects of my life without breaking down or going mental, but regarding love and emotions, it must be handled with utmost care, like baking the perfect cake and even finding the recipe for it! Haha:)
Well, next semester, I have signed myself up for something absolutely nuts! A crazy and hectic schedule, no kidding! But I do hope to pull it through and redeem myself for backing out on a subject this semester! I expect that it will be fun but really stressful (due to the tight deadlines)! And I hope to get to broaden my horizons a little further- to meet new people and learn new skills as well- it's really important for my future employment purposes!
Although I adore Taylor, living her life is not easy at all. You really need management skills to take care of so many things going on all at once and the make-it or break-it big projects (your album and record sales/chart performance!). You really need to stay on top of your game and be alert at all times too! But how nice it is when her fans repay her with all the love that guys can't provide for her! I thought it was really sweet of her to acknowledge the real people who have been helping her career all along- her family, her fans, and her producer and co-writers! But I admit, Taylor does go a little bit wild in her performances in the 'Red' era, such as the dancers touching her on the hips and thighs, and her swaying/dancing motions. For mature audiences, it is nothing much- just a performer enjoying a good time on stage. But it's not too good to a bunch of young teens I reckon.
And perception. Recently, I found a really interesting quote. 'Pretty' is a rent we girls have to pay for occupying a space marked 'female'. It speaks loads about femininity! Whenever people mention a girl in a conversation, the first thing people (even girls themselves!) will ask is, 'pretty or not?', 'is she pretty'? So it is true that we females are obsessed about looks all the time! A fact that I can't deny as a lot of my friends are constantly on about wanting to be thinner while I whine about my skin blemishes.
Dressing up and looking pretty will no doubt make you feel more confident, more cheerful and in a happier mood to begin with- which of course positively contributes and helps loads when you are facing people and feeling satisfied about your own visual presentation (not necessary visual appeal). I guess it doesn't have to be appealing or attractive, it just has to be presentable and decent. Which was interesting, as I didn't know that wearing a whole suit of strong dark blue (from head to toe) would make people so disturbed! I didn't know that just a colour would have that huge of an effect! An interesting finding:)
What else? A lot of people with acne are afraid of being judged by their acne, which is quite a common problem that I am still facing even to this day. Dabbing some foundation/concealer obviously eliminates or alleviates the problem, although it is only a short-term solution, it is still a saviour for that short period of time when you really can't deal with the nonsense of having blotchy red pimply skin when you want to go out and meet people. Long term-wise, I'm investing in skin care products and hoping for miraculous results since I can't get any laser treatment while I'm here. Of course, ideally I should be investing in more sleeping time and a cleaner diet, but it is still mighty hard to find the discipline and time to do that!
Overall for now, I think I will just lie low, chill with my friends, hand up my assignments in time... and that's about it! Hahaha, it's kind of a really short list but I can't see any short-term goals in sight for the moment, except to keep on living and keeping up with the pace of life! Everything else will have to wait or when something falls into place and nudges me in the right direction to start a new mission, whatever that is:)
No comments:
Post a Comment