You can love someone just so. It doesn't have to be a mutual affirmation of feelings, gestures of reassurance or commitment. As long as you have love, trust and respect, you don't really have to care about what they do, as long as they remain to be a part of your life.
The Westlife song suddenly bursts into mind, with the lyrics, "I don't care who you are, what you do, where you're from, as long as you love me. As long as you love me baby". It is a must to have inner confidence and secureness in your own qualities and values, thus it aligns you with the rest of the world.
It is quite incredible, then, that she has learn detachment from a very young age. Tender is a child's mind, but strong is the impact. To love deeply and continuously without caring about the consequences and what comes after, that is true love. That is the selfless all-encompassing love with no attachment.
As you are not looking to gain anything from them in return for the love you provide, you detach the ego. The ego is detached by not expecting anything in return. To love without being materialistic. And that is how you find peace in love. Love that is without suffering or anguish because the ego is completely not present. What remains is a sense of self-love that is wholly fullfilling and you are able to extend that compassionate energy towards others in a positive uplifting light and spirit. After all, being kind to yourself is ahimsa, being confident and secure in yourself is ahimsa, and building up and connecting with yourself is ahimsa. Being good to yourself attracts goodness in your life, as well as good thoughts and good deeds that cleanses your own spirit.
And when I say 'a part', it means 'a part'. You nourish yourself, and love yourself and have fun and hobbies. Everything else comes second, as that self-loving will naturally means ahimsa (non-harming) to yourself and of course, including the ones you love.
All the close girls I love are cheerful, optimistic and bubbly with a kindness within and extended to greet those beyond.
Two cents worth from today's articles:
-Men do not want to be controlled or told what to do. (Avoid the command button, always ask or suggest first!)
-Do not be a WIMP who wears people out. WIMP- Woe is Me personality
(basically a full time whinger, complainer)
-I might have been guilty of that before as I did not look at my own situation and possible solutions, and turned to crying, complaining and whinging (sympathy seeking) instead.
-Next time, ask myself: 'What can I do in this situation to help myself?'
'What is the best way to deal with this?'
'What have I tried before? What worked and what didn't?'
-Upon successfully overcoming said problem/feeling/obstacle, and encountering it once more, ask 'I tried this last time. Should I do that again, or is there a better way we can solve this?'
No comments:
Post a Comment