Driving to work this morning, (just kidding! xD) , I mean on the way to uni, this particular vehicle gave a sense of déjà vu.
If you are scratching your head there, I'm not excited over seeing a white van for no reason, it's because the logo on the van made me remember the days I was an "L" driver. (A learner driver)
Now an overconfident "P" driver who dares to venture out on unfamiliar roads (only with my trusted GPS!) and daring to drive at 120 kmp/h (on highways only!), the driver 'me' now is a far cry from the driver 'me' who was terrified to hit the streets.
Last time, other passing vehicles would made me very tense and if I had to enter a lane, I'd wait till the cows come home before I could successfully 'merge' into the lane (same thing for roundabouts).
Now, somehow I rarely hesitate and would cross the first chance I get! (With my signals lights of course) Unfortunately, due to my inflated ego, it seems I needed a stern reminder.
It came in the form of an accident. Twice actually.
The first time I hit a man's car while I was trying to overtake someone. I was really scared and cried after pulling over. While the young man inspected the damage to his car, I refused to get down and sob pitifully in my car (with the doors locked). I thought I was doomed then. Luckily, after getting my distress call, my parents rushed over and settled the whole thing. It was not a serious damage so I got off the hook easily and facing the music was not as big as an ordeal as I thought.
After a while of carefully observing every single traffic rule, my old habits slowly crept back.
The second time, I crashed a pregnant woman's car. It was a front-to-front crash, and this time, it was quite serious. Both our cars' front were badly dented. (Dad had to get a new bonnet for my car, that's how bad it was).
The woman was unhurt but I think I must have scared the living daylights out of her. (Then again, pregnant women shouldn't be driving!) Everything was solved amiacably though.
It was that incident that made me vowed never to be involved in an accident again. Never mind about my car, but what if someone gets hurt because of me?
Suffice to say, I turned over a new leaf. Since then, I am doing ok and haven't gotten into any trouble. I still drive fast, but not recklessly anymore.
Yes, for the record, I still enjoy driving! So for the upcoming Raya break, wishing everyone a safe journey home!
No comments:
Post a Comment