Saturday, 20 August 2011

A journalist wannabe!

Since this is my official first post, let's have a bit of ice-breaking, shall we? xD

Now, my thought is that life is always determined by the choices that we make. Everyone has to make important life-changing decisions at some point.

Mass comm has always been my first choice. After high school, most of my friends had gone on to study medicine, law, engineering... you know, the usual kind parents would expect their kids to pursue for a (ahem) bright, brilliant future.

So with the fact that I am dooming myself to a, shall we call it, not-as-bright future, all alone, I bravely plunged into a year of Foundation in Communication and (happy to report that) I had emerged unscathed and found some true friends along the way.

Here's the real deal now. The point is, barely a few days ago, I took that leap of faith AGAIN.

But SERIOUSLY, I had doubts about journalism, not kidding here, in fact I still do. Fear that I can't live up to people's expectations and fear of rejection grips me so strongly. I have always admired them. How do journalists survive?

What's that? Journalists have no life you say? Probably. That I can't be sure of. It depends on the nature of work I think.

But I do know that they get to come across all sorts of situations and people, which enriches their life/work experience. I know a couple of really awesome 'wau' journalists for that matter!

However, after two weeks of classes, I think I'm still treading on shallow waters. Tip of the iceberg so to speak. The shallows would eventually be dangerous deep waters!

I don't know if I'll end up being a (real, full-fledged) journalist. Only time and fate will tell.
Well, if it doesn't work out in the end, I can always do something else right? xD In the meantime, I'll be doing my best to swim and stay afloat:)

P.S. The people who inspired me to take up journalism, thanks, you know who you are.
(Or not :P)


No comments:

Post a Comment