Ouch. Nothing hits you harder than the truth. The bizzare truth that is.
It's too sudden! Out of nowhere!
Since I wasn't really a member of the team, I was spared the news and gossips.
My first reaction was shock when I read his blog post.
Ho-hum, that was why he mentioned it was his last CH*** event.
Yeah, he who has the guts to drop everything and gallop off in the sunset. And when he finally made his way to top of the youth ladder too.
He held the coveted post. Leader of the pack. It isn't much, but unbeknown to him, he has inspired young journalists wannabes.
Shallow, I know, but then I couldn't picture it any other way, except this: the alpha-male has abandoned his position.
And then, understanding dawned. For the same reason one of my friends left, the reason stated is he has to. pursue. his. studies.
Hardly surprising, given everyone is flying off overseas nowadays to enter some sort of prestigious university. Sigh. Is it any good for me to stay here? Am I considered to be on par?
For that matter, I don't believe local graduates are any less talented or any less deserving of opportunities than their counterparts who had returned from overseas. I just hope my future employers think so too. Hmm, they couldn't be biased, could they?
Then, I remembered it was London. I remembered all those nice, friendly people then the last time I visited. But considering the recent happenings, he would have to tread with caution.
Finally realization. He has decided! So why am I even questioning his decision? Show a man some respect for his bravery, why don't you.
The boss dictates how his show is run, and if he thinks London is the next destination to set his new chapter for his story/journey, that should be that.
It is final.
So, although reluctantly, the subordinates bid farewell.
(Heck, even the kids who have only really known him for 4 days are touched!)
And whole-heartedly, we wish him all the best.
P.S. It's a free world, there are no rules except your own! ...is what I learned. Thanks again:)
Hellow fellow BRAT! ;)
ReplyDeleteit really was out of the blue. I was pretty surprised as well. lol
Yup, it was sudden all right! But we have to get over it since he's so keen on his choice. Support him no matter what :P
ReplyDelete