Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Thriller

I don't know what triggered the nightmare. Oh wait, I do have an idea, I'll leave that for later though.

To be honest, it was the one of the scariest dream I've had yet.

I don't often dream a lot, or remember my dreams, but this one in particular had strikingly vivid details.

But I had a slight suspicion as to the factor.

If I die young, bury me in satin,
Lay me down on a bed of roses,
Sink me in a river at dawn,
Send me away with the words of a love song.
The sharp knife of a short life....

Ok, so I admit, I've been slightly addicted to this wonderful-sounding song that I've naturally memorized some part of the lyrics, particularly the chorus above.

I couldn't help it because the Perry girl (not Katy Perry yeah) is like a new Taylor Swift to me, the same big wavy blond hair, same country style singing, and also really nice melodies to the song.

Though I've only heard that one hit song, and it was enough to convince me that The Band Perry are really good.

So the downside was that I had this song stuck inside my head, although the lyrics weren't about romantic relationships like Swift's. It was about death.

Ultimately, my brain kind of malfunctioned (that's what I think happened lah) and my evening nap today was completely ruined when it morphed into the scariest nightmare ever. No kidding.

I won't go into the details, but yes, I dreamt that I was nearly killed. If I die young... WTF.
Worse still, the nightmare was similar to the lyrics! In the sense of the sharp knife of a short life... yes, the whole nightmare was about someone attempting to murder me. I was pleading with the murderer to spare my life while running and running away from the weapon. You guessed right. It was a. sharp. knife. !!!

Truly, I was like a victim character from a movie scene. And you know how the murderer is always the person the character least predicted, e.g. a close acquaintance?
I wonder how my friend would feel if I told her she was seriously trying to kill me O.O With a knife and all. Haha, she'll think I've gone cuckoo because of assignments workload.

Anyway, when I escaped death and woke up again, I was feeling so weird and still reeling from shock. For someone who've never encountered violence before, the dream was such a spine-chilling eye-opener. I really did briefly experience the whole ordeal (of an innocent murder victim), albeit only in a dream.

So I guess the only conclusion is not to listen TOO deeply into a song, especially if it has some funny lyrics, which could make the perfect ingredients for a nightmare!


*Curiousplayfan thinks she might just stick to her other favourite genre, classical music for a while, since it's an obviously safe choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment