Saturday, 3 September 2011

Resurrection

Hurray. Back from lovely hometown. Lots of stuff happened while I was away.

1) Niki Cheong resigned from R.AGE, The Star.

2) BRATs camp is ongoing from 1st Sep to 4th Sep.

3) Feeling pressured, just a little, by assignments.

So, I really only care about the first two...

1) The photo of the empty desk evoked a tinge of nostalgia and a little sadness. But by dedicating a whole post to him (Out of The Blue), it made me feel better. Plus, he still tweets, Facebook and blogs occasionally. So it's fine as long as he is still using the social media. Haha. Well, it's not like we know each other personally anyway. Just in passing, in the past, and only for the (insert: precious) two months.

2) This comes back full circle. Powerless, I am only able to stand by and watch. Or spam the BRATs Facebook page. Or read, actually. Next issue will have the BRATs in their moment of fame. I suppose this is a never-ending thing, one workshop after another, three rows in a year, year after year. But it's good to see the great 3 writers having fun. They really are the pillar of strength of R.AGE.

3) Doing summaries, academic essays and academic readings just feel... bland. Expressionless. Doing articles for The Star, at least, has a feel-good vibe to it, even if you are rushing for the deadline.

The motivation level is understandably different when you are writing for the nation's number 1 daily rather than writing a paper solely for your lecturer to mark.

Well, you can't be sure people will read your insignificant article but then seeing it published makes it worth it already. Oh, and the delight of seeing your byline.

In the meantime....

I shall continue my current journey as a degree student!

No comments:

Post a Comment