I don't know why. But it bothers me. Maybe I am too concerned with people, whether or not they give a damn about me. It's always been that way.
Ok, so Mom had rejected her request to buy an iPhone4. But she should know where she stands among us. Right, I know a maid is entitled to human rights, but hey look, even I don't have an iPhone4! Or an iPhone for that matter. It's not like she can't use a regular phone.
But you see, I am kind. It worries me, strangely. So I have been trying to read her poker face. Finally I've had it. I decided to say something to cheer her up. You know, she really is just a young girl like me, just slightly older.
So I offered. "You know, I can copy song from my phone to yours".
Wow, instantly, the mood changed. She smiled.
"Now?"
"Yes, but your phone can only keep 1 song. If you want, you have to choose."
"Only 1 song", I reminded.
"Only 1 song", she repeated.
Then...
"Never mind lah. When I go back, I can copy Cambodian song".
So that was that.
The brief conversation made both of us feel better though. She should have picked up the subtle hint that I care about her, at least.
Well, to be honest, the last thing I want is to have a sulky-faced member in the household. Hence, my motivation:)
And yes, I really love asking people "(Insert name,) Are you ok?"
*Curiousplayfan thinks it's crazy that maids are so expensive (RM12,000 for a maid!, screams the Star headline!) when all they do is carrying out chores. Still, she hates doing chores and feels lucky that she has a maid at home.
wow, your maid request for an iphone?
ReplyDeleteYup. She still doesn't have it yet. But, it will make me feel bad if she got an iPhone and I don't:)
ReplyDeleteConsidering she around your age group, I guess the desire is really there. But I cannot agree with you when you say they r being pay to do...chores? Considering she's doing it not only for you and for the entire family, I don't think this can be considered as mere 'chores'.
ReplyDelete