Monday, 6 September 2021

If Multiverse (Alternate Realities) Were A Real Thing

 Somewhere out there in the Multiverse, there would be a Joanne, a ME, who would have led a different life - based on decisions (turning points) that branched out into other realities. 

Looking at some of my major decisions in life that could have gone differently (into an alternate reality), there could have been a Joanne who (in another dimension!) had: 

1. Taken Hospitality and Tourism Degree instead of Communications Degree - if Covid exists, this reality's career is f**ked  because it would have resulted in becoming jobless. Or a struggling career. 

2. Taken a Business Degree - purely to appease Dad. What comes after... I have no clue. Would an entrepreneur or business-line career follow suit? 

3. Been the Chinese guy's wife -  yes, a reality where that two timing guy from uni- the anime club- didn't break it off with me after his 20th birthday party. Not to mention, I crushed on one guy (the guitarist who wear glasses) and tried three guys from this club (the two timing guy, the nice guy who visited me at my part time job, and the Nerfgun guy). Note: In whichever reality, it seems I retain the habit of being a club committee member (whether official or unofficially) and being active with organizing/participating in group leisure events/outings. 

4. Stayed in Malaysia- and completed my degree here, ruling out meeting any new friends (relationship) and the life in Australia.

5. Stayed in Australia - just as possible, and probably ended up with the first guy and lived in white people land. Doing karate and park walks on the weekend. Career wise, it would have probably been any job that I could land, can't be fussy as a foreigner. 

6.  Ended up as a journalist! - interned in Star and perhaps continued as an English paper journalist? Very possible with my splendid writing skills and curiosity/good interview skills! I even had a thing with some other Star intern.... Omg.

6. Continued at Edelman until S.E. or M. level - Ability to work in the same company and just be a secret admirer to the role model (youngest manager who taught me everything and remained a likeable/popular/influential guy at work). Due to being too fast paced, I know I will burn out at S.E. level here, and M at a far stretch. 

7. Continued at the second company and never exited the trap of comfort zone - Comfortable with the benefits but frustrated at the people. Unlikely reality because I know my inner fire is too strong. A thirst for new adventures would lead me away the moment the original (charismatic) CEO resigned. 

8. Ended up with the first guy - In this reality, I would have never known another type of relationship and married the first committed guy. Due to esteem issues on small breasts, I would have been happy to just be able to 'snag' a guy (as I saw it) and just went along even if I suspect I could be missing out on something and be worth experimenting. Since I was not brave enough to be single until I found a new mark. 

9. Ended up with the second guy - The most complex of all realities. Even if Joanne in this reality changes her actions & behaviour to avoid conflicts (avoid setting off a chain of controlling/toxic/push-and-pull patterns), there is no guarantee the guy will get along with her friends and family. Especially since he doesn't like her taking time away from the relationship (to spend with other people by herself). Any pursuits will be challenged together- from experience, this may seem great at first (for a partner who'd always wanted to join you and best you (outdo you) at every activity- e.g. bowling, badminton, martial art, skating), but it gets tiring when they always think that you have not done your best and could be better. And they think that their presence could make you improve. The perfectionist/wanting-to-change-you trap.    

10. Never moved to KL - Staying in Sarawak either my whole life, or only moving to KL for university life (had my Dad's employer never transferred him outstation). Had I made the move alone, I would be staying (upon graduating) depending on whether I got a job here or elsewhere. I would be renting rooms and living independently away from family. This life would have been very different and I would have different values if I had to leave my home at 19. 

So, in the end, I believe that my Omnipotent script writer (as I am cast as the main lead of ALL TIME) or God who is writing my script, planning my life out, etc. has done me justice. If you take into consideration all the different realities, the one that I am handed out right now is as good as you can have it! 

In this reality, I have:

A stress-free partner (there's nothing complicated about him plus he's not demanding or too judgmental) with high commitment level (wants frequent sex, wants to go on dates with good meals at restaurants/cafes, doesn't mind the occasional unique dates (e.g. not food, not movie) such as Husky Cafe and waterfall hike),  a high paycheck job and toned down stress/responsibilities, complete WFH/lockdown culture where I get to binge watch anime or read manga. Ability to eat, spend, bake, workout as I see fit with no untoward repercussions (e.g. health or wallet) for now. BONUS: I am afforded the opportunity to make use of my yoga skills to earn a meagre pocket money.  

I am allowed to change things  in my current reality. If there's anything I don't like, I am able to do something about it RIGHT NOW. Therefore, altering my reality that has not been created. Laying down a new path and shaking things up. Although I have no power (supposedly) on my ultimate destination (e.g. the scriptwriter can decide anything to happen to the main character)… unless I manifest and bring that (fantasized future) reality into the present (my current day reality) with visualisation.  

For every action that has passed however, it has gone into the void. Or simply split into new dimensions (creating new realities) away from my current reality. Above are the different ME living different lives based on the (somewhat influential) events that could cause different outcomes. I feel peaceful that another ME is living that life that I couldn't consider - because my scriptwriter has put me on a different path. Yes, even one that includes Precious (the kitten) playing loudly in her frenzy and banging around on my door. 

The next time I manifest, I am certain that I can create the best for my current reality (by using my current knowledge to wish for the best imaginable future outcome). 

No comments:

Post a Comment